Deal Guide ("Deal Guide", "we" or "us") respects the privacy of the visitors and/or users of our website at https://deal.guide/ (including its subdomains) (the "Site") and related services ("User" or "you") and is committed to protect the personal information that you share with us. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit our Site and use our Services.
Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is using the Site and Services. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User's 'click-stream' or searches on the Site, type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, traffic source and additional information of a similar nature. We may also use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics to obtain detailed analytics on the device and the User's behavior on the Site. Please note that we or our third party service providers will collect such information by using certain technologies such as Cookies (as further detailed below.
- Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address, as well as other identifiers assigned to their devices and/or web-browsers, such as Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer), as applicable, mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location, advertising and security purposes.
In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details you provide consciously and voluntarily:
When opening an Account, you may be required to provide the following details: email address and a password. You may (but are not required to) provide us with additional details.
You may, alternatively, open an Account and signup to the Service via your existing third party Social Networks accounts (e.g. Facebook) ("Social Network Account"). In the event that you register to the Service through your existing Social Network Account, then such Social Network Account provides us with access to certain information that is stored in the your Social Network Account, which is detailed and displayed to you in the notice which appears during the integration process with such Social Network Account. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via your Social Network Account. We may collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable us to access your Social Network Account in order to collect the above mentioned data contained within your Social Network Account which you provided us access to. We may store the above-mentioned information (or any part of it), in order to achieve the purposes set forth herein. Please remember that the manner in which Social Networks use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of such Social Networks. If you do not agree to these practices please do not use the Social Network integration features. You hereby agree that such information will be stored even after the linkage to your Social Network Account expires, for any reason.
Any Personal Information that may be included in your User Generated Content, such as Personal Information that you may provide by commenting on the Content.
We will collect information relating to all searches you perform via the Site and any products, Content or advertisements on the Site which you may show interest in. Please note that our artificial intelligence (AI) powered search and recommendation engine may also derive from such information additional Personal Information about and supplement such Personal Information with other publicly available data, all in order to create a profile which includes your personal preferences and which shall be used in order to provide you with targeted advertising and in order to offer you with personalized consumer deals, products and services which are likely to be of interest to you.
We also obtain information from other sources, which include publicly-available sources, information provided by third parties which helps us determine your location based on your IP address and data providers, such as Google analytics and Facebook, from which we obtain demographic, interest based and online advertising related data.
Personal Information may be collected as part of any communications with Deal Guide, by any means, including through our social network pages, by approaching our customer services, attending Deal Guide events or during sales calls (such information may include marketing and communication data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences).
- Please note:
- We may cross-reference Personal Information with other Personal Information we have about you and any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
- We do not collect any Personal Information from you or related to you without your approval, which is obtained, inter alia, through your active acceptance of the Terms.
- WE WILL NOT collect any Personal Information from your engagements and interactions with Third Party Sources (i.e. when purchasing goods or services on other sites, including those of our affiliates, we will not collect any Personal Information with respect to such engagements).
How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Site and/or use the Services. In other words, when you are using the Site we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage. For example, we may collect your IP address and 'click-stream' when you are browsing the Site.
- We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily. For example, when you wish to open an Account we collect certain Personal Information, as provided by you voluntarily.
- We collect information from public sources. We may supplement Personal Information that we collect about you with information from publicly-available sources and information provided by third parties such as Google analytics and Facebook.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site and Services.
- Provide our third party partners and/or service providers the ability to receive aggregative and/or anonymous information, such as click stream data regarding our Users, preferences of Users, general trends on our Site and other anonymous data for analytics, statistics and/or business purposes.
- Enhance and improve the User's experience while using the Site and Services.
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on and uses of the Site and Services.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users, including the offering of our AI powered personalized recommendations and search engine;
- If the User's device has an Advertising ID or other persistent identifiers, we may collect and use these for advertising and user analytics purposes;
- Add the User's contact details to our mailing list for the purposes of sending you information about our products and services by email, WhatsApp (and similar applications) and through web-browser and/or push notification (for example, we may send you email and push notifications regarding consumer deals that are of interest to you). Users have the right to opt-out of marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in such message or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Display ads and send you offers. We may also use the User's Personal Information, including interactions with the Services in delivering cross-platform third party advertisements to the User. This may include "targeted ads" based upon the User's interactions with our Services. Please note that where required by law, we will do so only pursuant to your consent;
- Verify the User's identity when he/she signs in through his/her Account;
- Provide Users with updated and tailored information regarding our Services;
- Respond to the User's inquiry and to contact you for marketing and sales purposes;
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User's computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site's Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site;
- Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes, including in order to improve our products. Please note that in general we analyze aggregate data for such purposes, rather than specific user data, however we may need to analyze a specific case to address a specific problem;
- Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests;
- Email tracking – we may use tracking technology within the email we may send you in order to improve interactions with you and to better understand whether our emails were opened and read, and such tracking may include capturing the time and date in which you opened our email messages and the type of device you use to open such emails.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Note, that we may collect, hold and/or manage Personal Information through Deal Guide's authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as cloud hosting and data processing services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
For avoidance of doubt, Deal Guide may use and process Non-personal Information and transfer and disclose it to third parties at its sole discretion.
Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
In any event, if for any reason you (or any person) wish to delete or modify Personal Information, you can do so by visiting your Account page at https://deal.guide/profile.html or by sending us an email with adequate detail of your request to: email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Please note that the laws of your local jurisdiction may provide you with certain privacy related rights, such as a right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, right of data portability and right to object to processing of Personal Information. If you wish to exercise such rights and find that you are unable to do so via the Site, please send us an email with adequate detail of your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Site or Services may remain on our servers indefinitely.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition we employ highly secure services design and implementation using encryption and architectures mechanisms. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. DEAL GUIDE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
Third Party Service Providers
Links to Third Party Websites
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you access or use the Site, we and/or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs and other similar tools (or other similar technologies), which store certain local information on your device ("Local Storage") which may enable us, inter alia, to recognize your device from those of other Users of the Site, to improve the Site's performance, to deliver a better and more personalized service according to the User's individual interests and the device or browser used, to track Users' use of the Site, to gather information about the Users' approximate geographic location (e.g. city), to prevent fraud and/or abuse, to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics, to develop our Site and to serve targeted advertisements.
Such information is locally stored in the User's device. Deal Guide and/or our authorized third party service providers may access such information. Deal Guide and/or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the web-browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on the User’s device until he/she deletes them). Such Local Storage used by the Site may store non-personal information (such as the different pages viewed by a User within the Site) as well as User persistent identifier, which will be collected in accordance with the terms specified herein.
Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies, your experience of the Site may be limited. Please note that unless you block the acceptance of cookies, the Site will utilize cookies upon your use of the Site. If you want to remove previously stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Site from placing further cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your settings as described above. For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of cookies, please refer to your browser 'help', 'tool' or 'edit' section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Below are links to instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies on commonly used web-browsers:
It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Site recorded by performance cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics as our service providers in order to track Users' activities on the Site, including by use such services' persistent cookies. Google provides a browser-add on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
International Data Transfer
In order to provide the Site and Service, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
Direct Marketing and Notifications
- You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, email address) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services and in order to inform you regarding product deals. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to Deal Guide's email address which appears in the Site or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
- In addition, the Site may include the sending of push-notifications and alerts via various means of communication. You can deactivate the push-notifications at any time by changing the notification settings on your web-browser or device (as applicable).
Got any Questions?